All For One
The members of the Drew Davis Band talk about one of their favorite topics: one another.
In the Oct. 20 issue of Country Weekly, you’ll find a feature article about how the Drew Davis Band is beginning to build its grassroots following into a national breakthrough with its new album, Crossroads. But there wasn’t quite enough room in the print edition to communicate just how much fun singer and guitarist Drew Davis, lead guitarist Loren Ellis, keyboardist Roger Malinowski and bass player Mo Levone had while visiting our office for the interview. So as a web exclusive, we’d like to share the sometimes serious but often silly dialogue that ensued when we asked the foursome to describe what each member brings to the band.
For more on the Drew Davis Band, check out the Oct. 20 issue of Country Weekly.
- Loren Ellis brings a lightheartedness to the stage, a fun vibe. He’s electrifying.
- Thank you. We’ll hug later.
- Roger is the comedian of the group. He’s the funny one.
- Once you understand him.
- One thing Roger does better than the rest of us is looking like Keith Urban. He’s got his stuff together. Roger I would call the list-maker. He likes to organize. He’s got a phrase we’ve all memorized over the years . . .
- Clean as you go!
- And I’m a great dancer.
- Mo is business. He gets it done. He’s the guy that’s laying down the groove with the bass. He’s the biggest dude onstage, too. He’s like 7 feet tall. Mo: Drew’s claims about my height are exaggerated.
- I only exaggerate, like, a million times a day! He’s the biggest guy, he looks the meanest, but he’s a teddy bear. He deals with the finance. Mo does so much. He knows what to do and when to do it, and that goes for every single person in this band. Everybody’s got their role. It’s pretty cool.
- It takes a village to raise a band.
- Drew’s a salesman—he really sells it, onstage and off. He’s our biggest champion, and a really hard worker.
- Drew gives us something to rally around. He’s got this drive and focus. He’s constantly coming up with ideas. You cannot turn this guy off. He has an on switch, but no off switch.
- It’s stuck!
- We’re still trying to work on that.