View the original article at: http://www.countryweekly.com/news/justin-moore%E2%80%99s-bus-catches-fire
We wouldn't blame Justin Moore if he had second thoughts about performing near Detroit again. When the singer headlined at the Royal Oaks Theatre in March 2010, his Gibson J-45 guitar was stolen by a fan. (The guitar was later returned.)
Yesterday, as Justin and his crew traveled to the Detroit area for a WYCD radio event, his tour bus caught fire around 4 a.m. The fire, which originated from one of the batteries connected to the bus's generator, engulfed the engine in flames while Justin and his crew slept.
The alarm sounded just as the bus began filling with smoke, and Justin and his crew were able to evacuate safely as Justin's bus driver extinguished the fire. The fire lasted approximately 10 minutes, though it meant that Justin and his crew stood outside in the cold for roughly 30 minutes. No one was injured and the bus sustained minor smoke damage. A replacement bus has been sent to the Detroit area so Justin and his crew can continue on his current club tour.
Ever the professional, Justin takes the event in stride. "Well . . . we really love coming to the Detroit area. I just hope in the future it gets a little more simple, as far as our trips go!" he said in a release. "In all seriousness, we're thankful that we're all safe, and feel blessed. It could've been a lot worse than it was."