View the original article at: http://www.countryweekly.com/cooking/crunchy-chicken-bake
Crunchy Chicken Bake
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 small onions
- ¾ cups diced celery
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 (10¾ oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10¾ oz.) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and celery and sauté until soft.
- Mix salt and lemon in a small bowl.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish; mix combined onions and celery with mushroom and celery soups, mayonnaise and lemon juice mixture. Mix well. Add chicken, rice, almonds, eggs and frozen peas.
- Sprinkle top with crushed potato chips and bake until hot and bubbly, 40 to 45 minutes.