View the original article at: http://www.countryweekly.com/cooking/roasted-yukon-gold-potato-salad
Roasted Yukon Gold Potato Salad
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 (packed) tsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 ripe, firm tomato, seeded and diced
- 4 tsp. chopped fresh basil
- 4 tsp. thinly sliced fresh chives
- Position two racks in center of oven and place a baking sheet on each rack. Preheat oven to 450°. Allow baking sheets to heat while oven is preheating.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Cut into 1-inch cubes and toss in medium bowl with 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on preheated pans. Return pans to oven and roast until potatoes are golden brown and tender, about 25 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, place bacon in sauté pan over medium-high heat and cook until crisp. Reserve 2 tbsp. of bacon drippings for the dressing.
- For vinaigrette dressing: In small bowl whisk together Dijon mustard, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Whisk in remaining 2 tbsp. of olive oil and reserved bacon drippings. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to serving bowl. Add tomatoes, basil, chives and bacon. Add just enough dressing to moisten the salad and toss gently to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.