February 17, 2014 – Where It All Began
Sometimes, an artist’s “breakthrough” hit isn’t necessarily the biggest or best-selling. It’s the one that first made listeners sit up and take notice that a new star was on the horizon.
In this special cover section, we take a look back at such breakthrough songs as Luke Bryan’s “All My Friends Say,” Garth Brooks’ “Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old),” Miranda Lambert’s fiery “Kerosene” and other favorites.
Also in this issue:
- Justin Moore, Martina McBride and others share Valentine’s Day plans
- Stars pay a visit to the kids at St. Jude
- Mary Chapin Carpenter takes a symphonic step
- Frankie Ballard shines on his second album
- Vince Gill and Eric Church hail a rock legend
- Plus more!