Sammy Kershaw OK After Home Catches Fire

Sammy Kershaw is "counting his blessings" after helping extinguish a fire at his home in Lafayette, La., Thursday (April 4). Sammy's home sustained heavy smoke damage but Sammy himself was not injured.

The fire started inadvertently when Sammy grabbed a box of homemade spices that he was delivering to a friend. The box containing the spices slid across the stove and, unknown to Sammy, managed to catch the knobs that ignite the burners. Sammy left the home but was alerted to the fire by his alarm company. He immediately returned home and threw towels on the stovetop to smother the flames. The local fire department arrived and extinguished the fire completely. Sammy notes that there were evidently flammable items on the stovetop that caught fire.

"This could have been so much worse," Sammy said in a release. "You've got to count your blessings, every one of them."

Country Weekly sends our best wishes to Sammy.

Comments

More News

Glen has been suffering from Alzheimer’s since 2011.
Kip gave Charles Kelley, Dave Haywood and Hillary Scott each a bottle of his or her favorite alcoholic beverage.
American Icons campaign raises money for veterans and military families.
Blake and Miranda fire back at endless divorce reports with sarcasm on social media.
Visits a fan in Columbus, Ohio, and documents it all on video.
Wednesday afternoon (April 16), Jason Aldean celebrated his 13th chart-topping single, “When She Says Baby,” with an invitation-only shindig at Nashville’s The Pour House.