Lady A: “Feels Like We’ve Arrived”
The Lady Antebellum Grammy domination had the group feeling pretty good—and surreal, Lady A’s Charles Kelley told reporters after the show.
“It feels like we’ve arrived, in a way,” Charles said.
Lady A’s Hillary Scott looked at her feet in high heels afterward. “The only way I know they’re on the ground is that they they’re really hurting from wearing these shoes,” she said.
Charles, Hillary and Dave Haywood also sent a video thank-you to fans, a 17-second clip where the excitable trio joyfully talked over each other. Here’s an attempt to transcribe what they said:
- Hillary: Hey everybody, we just wanted to say thank you.
- Dave: Thank you, we love you, all of our fans.
- Hillary: We love you.
- Dave: This night has completely changed our lives.
- Charles: Heeeeyyyyy!
- Dave: Woooo!
- Dave: Now we celebrate! We love you guys.
- Hillary: We give you permission to celebrate, too, for us.
- Charles: Wait ’til this new record. Love ya.