The Nominees for the 44th annual Grammy Awards have been officially selected for this year.
Leading the way for country artists with five nominations is Alison Krauss. Tim McGraw scored three nominations, and offers his heartfelt thanks to everyone that has offered their support to him over the past year. Jamie O'Neal received her first Grammy nod with two nominations in the category of Best Country Song, and one nomination in the Best Country Female Vocal Performance category.
Garth Brooks and George Jones received nominations for Best Country Collaboration with Vocals for their duet "Beer Run," and Garth praises the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences for recognizing Jones, who he calls The King of Country Music.
The Grammy Awards will be aired on February 27.
A list of nominees follows:
BEST FEMALE COUNTRY VOCAL PERFORMANCE
- Sheryl Crow - "Long Gone Lonesome Blues"
- Jamie O'Neal - "There Is No Arizona"
- Dolly Parton - "Shine"
- Lucinda Williams - "Cold Cold Heart"
- Trisha Yearwood - "I Would've Loved You Anyway"
BEST MALE COUNTRY VOCAL PERFORMANCE
- Ryan Adams - "Lovesick Blues"
- Johnny Cash - "I Dreamed About Mama Last Night"
- Lyle Lovett - "San Antonio Girl"
- Tim McGraw - "Grown Men Don't Cry"
- Willie Nelson - "Marie"
- Ralph Stanley - "O Death"
BEST COUNTRY VOCAL PERFORMANCE/ DUO OR GROUP
- Asleep At The Wheel - "Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens"
- Brooks & Dunn - "Ain't Nothing 'Bout You"
- Diamond Rio - "One More Day"
- Alison Krauss & Union Station - "The Lucky One"
- Lonestar - "I'm Already There"
BEST COUNTRY SONG (award to songwriter)
- "There Is No Arizona" - Jamie O'Neal, Lisa Drew, Shaye Smith
- "When I Think About Angels" -- Jamie O'Neal, Roxie Dean, Sonny Tillis
- "I'm Already There" - Richie McDonald, Gary Baker, Frank Myers
- "One More Day" - Steven Dale Jones, Bobby Tomberlin
- "The Lucky One" - Robert Lee Castleman
BEST COUNTRY ALBUM
- Diamond Rio -- "One More Day"
- Tim McGraw -- "Set This Circus Down"
- Willie Nelson -- "Rainbow Connection"|
- Various Artists -- "Timeless - Hank Williams Tribute"
- Trisha Yearwood -- "Inside Out"
BEST COUNTRY COLLAB. WITH VOCALS
- Emmylou Harris, Alison Krauss, Gillian Welch - "Didn't Leave Nobody But The Baby"
- George Jones, Garth Brooks - "Beer Run"
- Jo Dee Messina, Tim McGraw - "Bring On The Rain"
- Dan Tyminski, Harley Allen, Pat Enright - "I Am A Man of Constant Sorrow"
- Trisha Yearwood, Don Henley - "Inside Out"
BEST COUNTRY INSTRUMENTAL PERFORMANCE
- Asleep At The Wheel, Brad Paisley - "Sugarfoot Rag"
- Bill Kirchen - "Poultry In Motion"
- Alison Krauss & Union Station - "Choctaw Hayride"
- Brad Paisley - "Munster Rag"
- Earl Scruggs, Glen Duncan, Randy Scruggs, Steve Martin, Vince Gill, MartyStuart, Gary Scruggs, Albert Lee, Paul Shaffer, Jerry Douglas, Leon
- Russell - "Foggy Mountain Breakdown"
BEST BLUEGRASS ALBUM
- Alison Krauss & Union Station - "New Favorite"
- Patty Loveless - "Mountain Soul"
- Dolly Parton - "Little Sparrow"
- Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder - "History of the Future"
- Ralph Stanley & Friends - "Clinch Mountain Sweethearts"
COUNTRY ARTISTS WHO GOT NOMINATED IN GENERAL CATEGORIES:
- The "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" soundtrack is up in the Album of the Year category.