FAN CLUB PARTIES
The official fan clubs of several top artists begin today with sure-fire activities guaranteed to please their loyal fans. Here is a list of the stars that are hosting the festivities and scheduled events:
- Joe Diffie fans will be treated to more than just the usual autograph signings and pictures. Diffie will not only take part in a Q&A session, but he is also set to perform an acoustic set which will include songs from his forthcoming album. Fans will also be able to give back to the community by participating in a silent auction that will benefit two of the star's charities: a scholarship fund for his alma mater, Velma Alma High School, and Joe's Christmas charity program. Festivities begin at 2:00 pm.
- Andy Griggs fans will be able to satisfy their hunger for food as well as for their favorite star at this year's fan party. Fans can feast on lunch from 1-2 pm and then enjoy an acoustic performance by the artist at 2. But the fun doesn't stop there. Griggs and his mother will conduct a Q&A session at 3, followed by the highly anticipated "meet and greet" where fans can get up close and personal with their favorite country music star.
- Tracy Lawrence fans will be able to start their party early: doors open at 9:30 am! A buffet-style breakfast will be available for official members and their guests followed by a host of entertaining activities revolving around their country idol.
- Marty Lawrence fans will "party with Marty" in the Conservatory of the new Country Music Hall of Fame. Activities begin at 7:00 pm and will feature performances by Marty and his band, the Rock & Roll Cowboys. In addition to an autograph/photo session, fans will also be treated to a tour of the museum with Marty as their guide. Coffee and dessert will be provided.
- keith urban fans will have to get up early if they want to see their favorite star. The party begins at 7:00 am. Fans can enjoy a breakfast buffet as well as listen to an acoustic set by urban. The meet and greet is also sure to be a crowd pleaser.