CCR Great John Fogerty Recruits Brad, Keith and Others for New Album
As leader of the legendary Creedence Clearwater Revival and as a solo artist, John Fogerty has criscrossed every boundary from rock to blues to country and beyond.
So it seems only appropriate, then, that John's upcoming new album, Wrote a Song for Everyone (due out May 28), features the iconic singer performing some of his best-known hits and deep cuts in collaboration with a variety of musicians whom he influenced. But rather than play the songs just like the original versions, John encouraged his friends to come up with new interpretations to surprise listeners.
Among the guest artists appearing on Wrote a Song For Everyone are Keith Urban ("Almost Saturday Night"), Zac Brown Band ("Bad Moon Rising"), Brad Paisley ("Hot Rod Heart"), Alan Jackson ("Have You Ever Seen the Rain") and Miranda Lambert, who appears beside Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello on the title track.
On the other end of the spectrum are rockers such as Foo Fighters and My Morning Jacket. Additionally, John performs two new songs, "Mystic Highway" and "Train of Fools," on the collection. A full track list appears below.
- Fortunate Son (with Foo Fighters)
- Almost Saturday Night (with Keith Urban)
- Lodi (with Shane Fogerty and Tyler Fogerty)
- Mystic Highway (John Fogerty solo)
- Wrote a Song for Everyone (with Miranda Lambert featuring Tom Morello)
- Bad Moon Rising (with Zac Brown Band)
- Long As I Can See the Light (with My Morning Jacket)
- Born on the Bayou (with Kid Rock)
- Train of Fools (John Fogerty solo)
- Someday Never Comes (with Dawes)
- Who'll Stop the Rain (with Bob Seger)
- Hot Rod Heart (with Brad Paisley)
- Have You Ever Seen the Rain (with Alan Jackson)
- Proud Mary (with Jennifer Hudson featuring Allen Toussaint and the Rebirth Brass Band)