ACM Radio Winners Revealed
Frequent CW columnist Cody Alan is among the honorees.
Artist winners for the 48th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards are still up in the air, not to be revealed until the show airs in April. But did you know the ACM also gives out honors to radio stations and personalities?
Well, they do, and those award winners were announced today (Feb. 27). Among them, Country Weekly columnist and CMT Radio Live host Cody Alan was named National On-Air Personality of the Year. This is Cody's second victory in this category, having previously won in 2010. Cody's most recent column for CW discusses Keith Urban's presence at the American Idol judging table and appears in the March 4 issue, on stands now.
A full list of winners appears below. The 48th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards, hosted by Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan, airs live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas Sunday, April 7, at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
On-Air Personality of the Year Winners:
- NATIONAL: Cody Alan – CMT Radio Live With Cody Alan
- MAJOR MARKET: Cornbread, Judi Diamond & Cap'n Mac – WIL-FM, St. Louis
- LARGE MARKET: Chris Carr, Maverick & Statt – WUBE-FM, Cincinnati
- MEDIUM MARKET: Rowdy Yates, Sunny Leigh & Carly Rush – KVOO-FM, Tulsa, Okla.
- SMALL MARKET: Gator Harrison, Styckman & Cowboy Kyle – WUSY-FM, Chattanooga, Tenn.
Radio Station of the Year Winners:
- MAJOR MARKET: WYCD-FM—Detroit
- LARGE MARKET: KAJA-FM – San Antonio
- MEDIUM MARKET: KUZZ AM/FM – Bakersfield, Calif.
- SMALL MARKET: KCLR-FM – Columbia, Mo.