10 (of Many) Reasons We Love Miranda Lambert's Album "Platinum"
. . . and you should too.
Miranda Lambert's eagerly anticpated album, Platinum, which drops June 3, hits on everything that is great about country music and makes an excellent case for why she is the reigning ACM and CMA Female Vocalist in country music.
Here are 10 of many reasons that we love Platinum:
1. "Girls" is an empowering anthem for women, which is always welcome. “Bathroom Sink” is another one, and it’s even better.
2. A wistful, nostalgic song called “Smokin’ and Drinkin’” that actually makes us feel wistful and nostalgic
3. The fact that likely thousands of young folks had to Google the term “three on a tree” after hearing “Automatic.”
4. It has a song actually titled “Old Sh*t”
5. Miranda holds her own with Carrie Underwood in the Thelma & Louise saga “Somethin’ Bad.”
6. How she says she’s married to a man who’s married to attention. Surely she’s not talking about Blake.
7. The title is mostly a reference to Miranda’s hair color, not record sales. Although it will probably hit that mark as well.
8. Her savvy use of the word “irrefutably” in “Platinum.”
9. It’s tough to beat “Hard Staying Sober” for a good old classic crying-in-your-beer country tune.
10. Platinum has 16 tracks. That’s like an album and a half!
For more reasons to love Miranda's new album, Platinum, and a sneak peek at her Country Music Hall of Fame Exhibit, pick up the June 9 issue of Country Weekly, on stands now.