Girl Power: Female Stars Collaborate
All-female collaborations are rare but powerful when they happen.
If you’ve been enjoying Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood's “Somethin’ Bad” collaboration, check out these other excellent all-female collaborations from country and pop.
1. “Does He Love You” - Reba McEntire and Linda Davis
A classic ’90s melodrama, beloved by everyone from grandmothers to drag queens.
2. “Because of You” - Kelly Clarkson and Reba McEntire
Magical harmonizing from a country queen and an American Idol.
3. “On My Own” - Reba McEntire with Martina McBride, Trisha Yearwood and Linda Davis
Four spectacular talents on one song of heartbreak.
4. “The Boy Is Mine” - Brandy and Monica
The ultimate cat-fighting song from two ’90s R&B heavy-hitters.
5. “When You Believe” - Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey
Like two prizefighters who put down the gloves and decided to inspire.
6. “No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)” - Donna Summer and Barbra Streisand
Two supreme divas transition from a soft intro to a disco jam.
7. “His Hands” - Jennifer Nettles and Brandy Clark
Two of country’s finest collaborate on a dark tune about domestic abuse—superb!
For more on Carrie and Miranda’s latest project, pick up the July 14 issue of Country Weekly, on stands now.